2011-12 Upper Deck Young Guns Checklist Released

Your 2011-12 Upper Deck Series I Young Guns checklist has been released by Upper Deck headlined by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Adam Larsson, Cody Hodgson, and Sean Couturier. Young Guns rookies are some of the hottest NHL rookie cards of the season year after year with people trying to complete sets of them and getting rookies of the hottest new players on the ice.

Are you looking for the 2011-12 Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns checklist?

Here is the 2011-12 Upper Deck Series I Young Guns checklist (courtesy of the Upper Deck blog):

201     Devante Smith-Pelly     Anaheim
244     Ben Scrivens     Toronto
245     Cody Hodgson     Vancouver
246     Yann Sauve     Vancouver
247     Carl Klingberg     Winnipeg
248     Mark Scheifele     Winnipeg
249     Paul Postma     Winnipeg
250     Checklist (Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Larsson)     Edmonton, Colorado, New Jersey)

And here is what they look like:

I’m liking the design this year, it’s something different then the past few seasons.

What do you think of this year’s rookies and Young Guns?

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 2011-12 Upper Deck Young Guns Checklist Released

1. Matt G says:

Ryan Nugent Hopkins seems to be the head of the class I still say. The young guns design is very crisp. Gives way for the great photography.

2. Andy says:

I hope the “exclusives” parallel will be in silver foil and not gold. it will look much better. The high gloss are probably look even better!

3. Simon says:

Do you know if Mats Zuccarello will be in the serie 2?

• That would be a question for Upper Deck as I don’t know.

• Paul says:

I think Upper Deck is doing a better job with the design. I really liked the idea of last year’s UD S1 retro young guns. Especially with the inclusion of the Canadian World Junior Rookie cards. I was hoping they’d include the World Junior cards again (including American and International players). The new idea for “Hockey Heroes” is better because you can pull one of a variety of star players instead of knowing you’re going to get the same player over and again. Check out the new Canvas Cards. They remind me a bit of black diamond because the cards literally sparkle like glitter.
        But again, as far as design goes, I think the new Upper Deck S1 base cards are looking much better than what I’ve seen in the past few years. Last year, I wasn’t surprised at all when I looked at the base cards. They looked practically the same as 09′-10′. 09′-10′ looked quite similar to 08′-09′. I understand each brand has its own sort of trademark look. But don’t keep it at the expense of having little to no appeal! They were dull (imo). Finally, they’re steering away from “the plain same old predictable.” The front and back of the cards have some contrast in color and tint (especially the Canvas inserts). I hope they continue to not only stay with the new look, but try and improve upon it. The Young Guns look very similar to the base cards but they too, look better ones from years passed.

I just wanted to tell Simon what I know about Mats Zuccarello. I don’t believe his rc was in either UD series for 10′-11′. However, a few months ago I purchased 2 or 3 boxes of Pinnacle 2010′-11′. In a box, you usually get one signed rc. I happened to pull both a Zuccarello and a Stepan. I wanted a McDonagh auto but I wasn’t that lucky. I believe Zenith has both Ryan McDonagh and Mats Zuccarello rookie cards as well (and is still available). IDK about Upper Deck though.

4. Dylan says:

Think you could find me a price for these selected cards?
    ( I pulled them and was just wondering a price)

220 Alexei Yemelin Montreal